Exercises in the acut phase
- Lying on the healthy side, bend the affected arm to a right angle, and rest it on your side. Make a fist and perform quick, short movements up and down with the forearm to achieve a slight rotation in the shoulder joint (only in the painless range of motion) 4x30.
- Lying on the affected side: the same as above, rotating the arm internally 4x30.
- Sit with back straight. Pull the shoulder blades together, without lifting the shoulders. Keep this position, while you perform bending and extending movements of your arms for 30 seconds.
- The start-up position is the same as above. Lift your arms forward without letting the shoulder blades slip sideways or lifting the shoulders(only in the painless range of motion or up to max. 90 degrees.
- Hold an elastic band (thera-band) in your hands, in a sitting position. With elbows bent lift your arms up to shoulder level, pull the band with the aim of pulling back the shoulders and touching the shoulder blades together (clenching the shoulder blades) 3x15.
- Clasp your hands behind your back at the level of the pelvis. Pull back your shoulders, clench the shoulder blades and stretch yourself towards the floor (while tilting the pelvis backwards). Keep this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Correction of posture: Sit uprightly on a chair in front of a mirror. Push your chest forward, let your shoulders down, clench your shoulder blades and tilt your pelvis backwards. Keep this posture for 20-40 seconds.